FileMaker, Inc. has released the newest version of their popular database platform – FileMaker 18.
Version 18 of FileMaker introduces new features that improve the developer experience. Many of these allow Insightful Systems to implement new requests quicker, reducing the cost to our clients.
Enhancements to FileMaker Advanced:
- New user interface for importing data
- Open a specific custom app when launching FileMaker Pro Advanced
- Create scripts that read, write, and manage external data files
Enhancements to FileMaker Server:
- FileMaker files are now automatically recoverable after a hardware or software crash.
- Dynamically discover how your FileMaker file is structured. The improved FileMaker Data API supports XML metadata including script names, layout names, and layout schema.
- The newly rewritten FileMaker Admin API in FileMaker Server is now based on the OpenAPI specification.
Enhancements to FileMaker Go:
- Open a specific custom app when launching FileMaker Go.
- FileMaker Go can append additional data to a specified PDF file using a script step.
- FileMaker Go supports 4 additional barcode types: PDF417, ITF-14, Aztec, and Data Matrix.
While many of these features might not be immediately obvious to current FileMaker users they will reduce the time to develop, maintain and extend existing database systems.
Further information about the latest release can be found on the FileMaker website.
If you’d like to see how FileMaker 18 can streamline your business call us now on 0419 324 385.